Tuesday January 28 2020
Are you interested in education?
Do you have something to contribute to your Union around creating safe spaces, respectful communication and resolving conflict?
The National Executive Board approved the completion of an education project to complete some important work on conflict resolution and other aspects of our national education work.
This is a temporary position where the applicant would work at national office from March 9 to May 31, 2020. Work has already begun on this project and we are seeking a member who can help us complete some important and time-sensitive education work.
The ideal candidate would:
- Be a CUPW member in good standing with strong union values;
- Have some experience in popular education;
- An interest or experience in conflict resolution and nonviolent communication;
- Knowledge of different models of mediation;
- Have good writing skills;
- Understand the structure of the Union;
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to work on assigned tasks while meeting deadlines, work with limited supervision;
- An interest in working collaboratively;
- Be prepared to work irregular hours, if required, without added compensation or overtime pay;
- Ready to locate to Ottawa-Gatineau according to the terms of CUPW constitution.
While not mandatory, it would be asset if the candidate can work in both official languages.
Please self-identify if you are from an equity-seeking group.
Please submit a letter of application with relevant information and include your reason for wanting this temporary position.
Applications must be received no later than February 20, 2020 at 11:59 pm by email or surface mail to:
377 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P