Port Elgin is 220 km northwest of Toronto.
The four-week program takes place one week at a time, over 6 months:
– Week 1: October 03-09, 2020 (2 days of preparation; 5 days of training)
– Week 2: November 15-20, 2020 (5 days)
– Week 3: February 21-26, 2021 (5 days)
– Week 4: March 21-26, 2021 (5 days)
All CUPW members in good standing are eligible.
Preference will be given to members who are actively involved in the Union, and who have attended CUPW educationals.
Other relevant criteria include membership in an equity-seeking group and activist experience outside CUPW.
The Union Education Fund pays the following costs for participants:
– Lost wages
– Meals and accommodation at Port Elgin
– Travel costs
– Child care and elder care expenses per CUPW policy (7.63)
You can obtain an application form either from your local president, or download it from https://www.cupw.ca/sites/default/files/UEP%20Application%20Form%202020-…
Your application must be submitted by April 1, 2020 to:
2nd National Vice-President
Canadian Union of Postal Workers
377 Bank Street
You may also submit by email to email@example.com.