Tuesday September 24 2019
On July 4, CUPW and the employer signed a Memorandum of Agreement to establish a committee to review the collective agreement articles concerning Groups 3 and 4.
We need two (2) union representatives on this committee. Its mandate will be to review all the articles concerning Groups 3 and 4 in order to reach, if possible, an agreement to standardize these provisions. Its mandate will also be to develop a job description for the new Lead Hand classification in Groups 3 and 4.
The ideal candidate would be:
- a member in good standing of CUPW;
- familiar with the interpretation of the articles of the collective agreement concerning Groups 3 and 4;
- familiar with the role of Lead Hand for Groups 3 and 4;
- familiar with health and safety rules;
- a team player;
- ready to relocate to Ottawa for at least three (3) months, and possibly travel inside Canada.
Your application must be written as a report and include your degree of fluency in spoken and written English and French, proficiency with the current contractual provisions for Groups 3 and 4 and the role of Lead Hand in these groups, and your reasons for joining the committee. Applications must be received no later than October 11, 2019 at 11:59 p.m., by email (email@example.com) or by mail at the following address:
National Grievance Officer
Canadian Union of Postal Workers
377 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 1Y3