Saturday November 17 2018
A Negotiated Collective Agreement is Possible
We believe that our proposal can be the basis of a collective agreement. To that end we have requested that the Minister of Labour appoint a mediator to assist the parties to negotiate a collective agreement.
- Wage increase of 2.9% for each year of the collective agreement starting January 1, 2018 including protection against inflation (COLA). The wage increase will be based on activity values based on the letter carrier rate of pay.
- Pay for all hours worked, including overtime.
- Paid at double time for all hours worked on your 6th and 7th day of the week. Weekend work will be offered by equal opportunity.
- All straight time hours worked up to 8 hours per day to be pensionable.
- Entitlement to post-retirement benefit plans with eligibility based on continuous service.
- CPC to maximize routes to 8 hours per day wherever possible.
- Job security for all regular employees (route holders and PRE) with 5 years of continuous service.
- No contracting out and protection of RSMC delivery areas.
- Pay for injury on duty to be at 80% and paid by Canada Post.
- Improvements to the Short Term Disability Plan (STDP) including a better appeal process, unlimited carry-over of unused personal days and increase the pay from 70% to 75%. PREs to receive pay based on their last 52 weeks or the route they are covering whichever is greater.
- CPC to provide coverage for all absences.
- Protection for victims of domestic violence in our collective agreement.
There are many other demands included in our global offer. These are just some of the issues.
Stand Up and Fight For What You Deserve!